Monday, January 19, 2009

Who Am I?
Hello! Welcome to Budget Bites: a food blog where I share with you what I do to save money while still eating tasty, somewhat healthy, home-cooked food. I'll begin by introducing myself.
My name is "Tee". I'm 29 years old, and married to a great guy I'll call "Jay".

I'm a music teacher. My other great passion is food. If I could eat out every night of the week, I would, but that is not a reasonable goal, so I learned to cook and found I really enjoy it.

Money is really tight right now, so, for the last year Jay and I have perfected the art of eating on the cheap. Now it doesn't seem as if we can eat out at all, so I cook all of our meals at home.


What do I cook? A little of this, a little of that. Lately, I've been making lots of "Southern" and Vegetarian dishes because I can make them inexpensively.

Where do I get my recipes? I usually create my own, but if I can't figure out how to make something the way I want it, I get some extra help from http://www.chowhound.com/ or http://www.allrecipes.com/. Both sites are great.


Something interesting about me: I'm experimenting with the idea of vegetarianism. It started as a budget idea, but now it has evolved a bit. I even ordered a magazine from PETA. I've given up cooking red meat and am down to chicken, pork, and fish. That's not to say that I won't order a steak if someone takes me out to dinner... I haven't crossed that bridge just yet.


A frustration about this blogging site so far: Why won't it save my posts properly indented as I typed them? Oh well, I guess it's spaces in between paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment